Upcoming Spring Publications:
- Subliminal Interiors (“Wasters on the Warpath”)
- Euphemism Literary Journal (“Giving Ground,” “Iatrogenesis,” and “Rehab” from the GIFT series)
- Irregular Magazine (“The Occupation of Metropolis”)
Art Shows This Week (Tallahassee, FL):
- Friday, April 6 (6:00-7:30pm): Creative Tallahassee - Annual Juried Art Exhibition 2012 - Public Reception and Awards. This is a public event, so come on out to City Hall and enjoy the art, meet members of the local art community, and nom on some refreshments. MANDEM’s “Marooned” is part of this exhibit. See http://www.cocanet.org/city-hall for more details
- Friday, April 6 (6:00-10:00pm): Right On! Gallery at Railroad Square in Tallahassee will be featuring a (different) selection of works by MANDEM this month. The New York Times listed First Fridays at Railroad Square as one of the top free events in all of Florida…. with good reason! If you’re within driving distance of Tallahassee, treat yourself to the carnivalesque experience of “Gallery Hopping” while enjoying music, dancing, food, a vintage flea market, and more. Visit http://www.communityatrailroadsquare.org for information about First Fridays.
- Saturday, April 7 (12-7pm) and Sunday, April 8 (12-5pm): FreeCon 8 - Bauhaus Art Exhibit. MANDEM will be set up with an art display and lots of goodies to sell (prints, cards, postcards, calendars, posters…) at FreeCon in Tallahassee, FL, on Saturday and Sunday. See http://www.tallahasseeanime.com/freecon/artistalley.html for location and details.
- Monday, April 2 - Friday, April 6: We have some pieces (“Herr Drosselmeyer’s Doll” and “Gift: Iatrogenesis”) in the Women’s Empowerment exhibit at the Center for Multicultural Affairs in Tallahassee, FL. See http://cma.fsu.edu/the-cma.html#hours for hours and location information.