Artists’ League Summer Annual Exhibit
June 8 - July 6, 2012 (Tallahassee, FL)
Museum of Fine Arts (MoFA) / Juried Group Show
The Artists’ League is comprised of regional artists who work out of studios, teach at institutions, or serve in other museums in Leon and surrounding counties. Each summer the Museum showcases their work in the Artists’ League Summer Annual Salon. This year’s exhibition Juror was Aja Roache, Director, Foster Tanner Art Gallery, FAMU. Visit MoFA’s website: http://mofa.cvatd.fsu.edu
Featured Work: Giving Ground (17”x33”), part of the GIFT series.
Strozier Artbrary Summer Exhibit
June - August, 2012 (Tallahassee, FL)
Robert Manning Strozier Library at FSU / Group Show
Each semester, a selection of artistic works by Florida State University students, faculty, and staff are selected to be publically displayed for patrons of Strozier Library to enjoy. The Summer Artbrary Exhibit opens in June and will be on display until the end of the Summer semester in August. The exhibit is open to members of the public 9am-8pm (with photo ID to enter); FSU students and staff can access the exhibit any time the library is open. For information about location and hours, visit the library’s website: http://www.lib.fsu.edu. For Artbrary information: http://guides.lib.fsu.edu/content.php?pid=329257&sid=2693415.
Featured Works: Pharmakos (17”x17”), Iatrogenesis (17”x17”), and Mustang (17”x24”), parts of the GIFT series.
June-August, 2012 (Joliette, Quebec)
Musée d’art deJoliette / Group Show
Some historians attribute the authorship of the first collage to Pablo Picasso in 1912. To celebrate the centennial birthday of this technique, the Musée d’art deJoliette (Quebec) is hosting this art show. MANDEM is participating in the portion of this show being housed in the Education Department. Visit www.museejoliette.org or www.museejoliette-artpostal.tumblr.com to learn more.
Resolution 2012 - Exotic Visuals of the End Times
Summer, 2012 (Whitesburg, KY)
The Underground Gallery / Group Show
Curated by Chris Day, a student of the South East Kentucky Correspondence School of Art, this show features artist interpretations of the themes of “Resolutions” and “The Beginning of the End” in small format (8”x10” or smaller). There will be an online exhibition, in addition to the physical exhibition at The Underground Gallery, during the Summer, 2012. For more information, please visit http://chrisdayart.com/SEKYCORRESPONDENCESCHOOLOFART.aspx (note: the website was down for maintenance last time we checked).
Featured Works: DreamSeeker and PeaceKeeper (special editions created for this event)
Westcott Galleries Project
August, 2012 - May, 2013 (Tallahassee, FL)
Westcott Galleries at FSU / Juried Group Show
The first annual Westcott Galleries Project Exhibition will feature selected works by faculty, alumni, and students of Florida State University as part of the university’s new “Art on Campus” initiative. Lilian Garcia-Roig is Chair of the Art on Campus initiative and the Westcott Galleries Project. The James D. Westcott Building is a historic building on the FSU campus that houses the chief administrative offices.
Featured Work: Marooned (36”x36”)
MANDEM at Fermentation Lounge
September, 2012 (Tallahassee, FL)
Fermentation Lounge / Solo Show
Stay tuned for more information about the forthcoming MANDEM solo show at Fermentation Lounge, which is set in the heart of the All Saints Arts District of Tallahassee, FL. Visit their website: http://www.fermentationlounge.com.
Art to Remember Benefit Exhibit
September 29 - 30, 2012 (Elliot Lake, Ontario)
Laurentian Lodge/ Group Show
The fourth annual Art Among Friends event at the Laurentian Lodge on Flack Lake in Ontario will be featuring a special Alzheimer’s awareness exhibit, organized by 7th Grade student Jessica Brann. Visit the Art Among Friends website: http://www.artamongfriends.ca.
Featured Work: Pharmakos (special edition created for this event)
Unique and Unusual Art Show
October, 2012 (Tallahassee, FL)
Unitarian Universalist Church of Tallahassee (UUCT) / Group Show
This annual event features artwork by friends, members, and affiliates of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Tallahassee. For three days, the sanctuary is transformed into a public art gallery featuring a diverse collection of artworks and fine crafts. This show holds a special place in our hearts because, years ago, it was the first art show to feature work MANDEM. Visit the UUCT website: http://www.uutallahassee.org
Cyborgs and Posthuman Culture
Fall, 2012 (Kamloops, British Columbia)
Location TBA / Group Show
Organized by Marnie Blair, an artist living with Long QT Syndrome, this exhibit deals with how cyborgs are portrayed in pop culture and the current state of human-technology symbiosis. The exhibit will start at a gallery in Kamloops, British Columbia, but plans are also in the works for it tour other cities. Stay tuned for more information about dates and locations.
December, 2012 (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Location TBA / Group Show
Exploring the theme of “Oracle,” this group show is being organized by artist Patricia Gayone in Buenos Aires, Argentina. All featured works are 13cm x 18cm. In anticipation of the exhibit in December (details forthcoming), a blog is being kept featuring the works submitted by artists from around the world: http://oraculo-arte-correo.blogspot.com.
Featured Work: Her Brother’s Keeper: Potnia Tauron (special edition created for this event)
12-12-12: The End of the World Project
December, 2012 (Tamworth, NH)
Location TBA / Group Show
Rumor has it that the world will end this year, and this art show has been organized to celebrate this auspicious event with works from artists around the world. To learn more about the work in progress and the final exhibition of art, visit
Featured Work: Perimeter Guard (special edition created for this event)
- MANDEM is nominated for Best Artist and Airship Pirates is nominated for Best Game in the Steampunk Chronicle’s Reader’s Choice Awards! Visit http://steampunkchronicle.com/SPCAwards/Voting/tabid/513/Default.aspx to create a username (free) and cast your vote! The polls are open until April 5th.
- Michael Shulman’s first full-length studio album, Home, is hot off the press! We did the cover art and we highly recommend that you check out this talented musician. http://blackviolin.com
- Issue Five of Penduline, a Portland-based literary and art magazine, will feature three works by MANDEM. The release date is coming soon and we’ll keep you posted. http://www.pendulinepress.com
- ARTBRARY! The “Artbrary” exhibit at Strozier Library has been so well received that a second Artbrary is being opened at The College of Engineering Library in Tallahassee, FL. We delivered several framed pieces today for their Spring Semester show. http://www.eng.fsu.edu/library (You can also visit the Strozier Artbrary exhibit featuring 3 original canvas works by MANDEM - http://www.lib.fsu.edu)
- Railroad Square Art Park, in Tallahassee, FL, has two galleries featuring work by MANDEM right now. Metamorphosis at 621 Gallery (http://www.621gallery.org) and The Awesome Artists of Levy Park at Right On Gallery (http://www.facebook.com/RightOnARailroadSquareArtGallery). These exhibits will run through the end of March, so take a trip down to Railroad Square, get some food at Tasty Eats, browse Other Side Vintage, and enjoy some art!
- The 2012 Creative Tallahassee Juried Art Exhibition, featuring our 3-foot canvas Marooned, will be at the City Hall Art Gallery March 14-May 14. (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:30pm). There will be a public reception/awards ceremony on April 6 at 6:00pm and you’re all invited! http://www.cocanet.org/city-hall/
What else is coming up? Free-Con, board games, novels, roleplaying games, CDs… and a new website! Stay tuned.